Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies
- 3/4 cup of butter (at room temp.)
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of tightly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. of baking Soda
- 1 tsp. of coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- 3 cups of rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups of butterscotch chips
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded, unsweetened coconut
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking Soda, salt, and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the butter until it is creamy. Add both sugars and beat for about 2 minutes until the sugars are incorporated into the butter. Add the eggs one at a time, beating for one minuter after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Gradually add the flour mixture and beat on low until all the flour streaks have disappeared With a large wooded spoon or rubber spatula, stir in the oats, butterscotch chips and coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
Measure one well rounded tablespoonful for each cookie and allowing about 1 inch between them. Bake for 9-10 minutes until the edges start to brown. The cookies will still be soft in the center so allow them to sit on the sheets for about 5 minutes before removing them.